It is important when using any social networking sites that staff maintain confidentiality and ensure proper practise at all times. This is to protect the children, parents and families of the setting along with the staff. It is also to guard the nursery reputation and the staff’s own reputation.
Staff guidelines when using social media sites include but not limited to:
- Staff must not mention any of the children from the nursery on their online profiles.
- Staff must not write direct or indirect suggestive comments about work on their online profiles.
- Staff must not use mobile phones to take photos in the nursery or to access social networking sites during their working hours; this does not apply to staff breaks.
- In order to maintain professional boundaries staff should not accept personal invitations to be friends from parents of the nursery regardless if they know them personally.
- Staff are responsible for adhering to the terms of service of each site they use.
- Staff will not have the nursery name anywhere in their personal profile.
- Any breaches of the Facebook and social networking policy could result in disciplinary action.
- Staff must not mention their place of work on their online profiles.
Footsteps nursery has a Facebook page available. This is a communication tool for the setting. We will use it to:
- Promote certain events such as parent’s consultations, trips, social events and visitors.
- Update parents on staff training and development.
- Give hints and tips for activities the children have enjoyed and home learning ideas.
- To give news.
- To show photos of activities, trips or special events.
We also want to invite your thought and comments.
The nursery manger (including deputies) are the page administrators and will update the page on a regular basis.
The page administrators reserve the right to remove any comments at any time. The intent of the policy is to protect the privacy and rights of the nursery, staff and families.
We will remove any postings that:
- Name specific individuals in a negative way.
- Are abusive or contain inappropriate language or statements.
- Use defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms about any individual.
- Breach copyright or fair use laws.
- Contain any photos of children without necessary parental consent.
Other policies that relate to this are: mobile phone usage policy, safeguarding policy and confidentiality policy.