On discovering a fire:
1. Sound the alarm immediately and if possible phone 999.
2. If it is not possible to leave your room fire seals are fitted to all internal doors these will expand and protect you for up to 30 minutes.
3. Remain calm, do not alarm the children, and do not collect any belongings.
4. Leave the building with if possible a staff member at the front and behind the children.
5. Children are to leave the premises in pairs.
6. Younger children to be placed in the evacuation cot.
7. Remember to pick up the register.
8. Evacuate the building by the nearest fire exit and make your way to the fire assembly point – NURSERY PLAYGROUND.
9. If this is not possible make your way to the designated place of safety – SOL CENTRAL.
Make sure no children are left behind in any area of the nursery.
Do not re-enter the building for any reason.
Remain with your group of children in the fire assembly area and wait for the register to be checked.
Your fire marshal is MARITSA WARD O’CONNELL.
Fire drills are carried out every 4 weeks and recorded in fire drill book.
All staff and children should be aware of the drill procedures.
Fire exits are clear and accessible at all times.
There are copies of our emergency evacuation procedure in every room.